Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Daily how-to

I found this awesome nail design on Free People's Instagram and thought it was simple but a little funky at the same time. I loved the coral color with four individual black triangles in different directions on random nails. I wanted to try it for myself and I thought it came out pretty well for the first try.

I'm going to take you through the steps so you can do it for yourself!

1. Shape and buff your nails to match your preference. I personally like shorter, round nails. They're easier for me to deal with from day to day without having to worry about breaking them or catching them on something.

2. I applied two coats of a coral nail polish. The one I chose was Maybelline New York color show nail polish in Coral Crush.

3. After letting my nails dry completely (that's very important for the next step) I take regular clear tape and mark off the small triangles on four separate nails, facing in different directions. (Hint: to keep the tape from peeling off nail polish or smudging the nails, place the tape on a pair of jeans or another article of clothing to cover it with lint so it comes off the nail easily)

4. After taping off the triangles, paint over the shape with black nail polish, and peel the tape off while the coat is still wet so it doesn't dry the tape to your nail.

5. Apply your favorite top coat and enjoy and slightly tribal, yet simple manicure!

No comments:

Post a Comment