Thursday, May 3, 2012

Matte Nail Polish

Hey bloggers,
Its been a while, I know. But hey, that's the life of a working girl/college student.

I've been trying a lot of new stuff and I'm very eager to share it with everyone.

One of my newest experiments is matte nail polish. I've seen this a lot on Tumblr and Pinterest, and I've always loved how it looks. However, it's extremely hard to find, especially in stores. Lucky for me, I found it in the Walmart near my school!

Hard Candy makes the matte top coat Matte-ly in Love and is sold in most Walmart stores for around $4 each

This top coat works really well and dries quickly. It will transform ANY color into a matte nail polish, no matter the brand used. It's worth the $4 spent.

Another matte top coat that I hear a lot of praise over is of course, by Essie (my personal favorite brand of nail polish.) Matte About You can be purchased at several places such as Target, Ulta and Amazon. This one is a tad more expensive at about $7-8 per bottle.

Another thing I love about matte top coats is putting them over/under glitter or designs. Putting the matte top coat on before a design gives it an awesome color-blocking look and makes the design stand out more. Such as these: 



also, if you add it over some glitter/designs it gives it an awesome matte finish as well, giving it a different look like this:



Keep in mind, none of these photos are mine.. but the respected owner's links are attached to the photos.




No comments:

Post a Comment