Monday, April 22, 2013

Importance of social media

Social networks and media play an extremely important part in everyday life, and I think it will continue to increase over the years.

One of my favorite parts about social media is how it allows people from all over to be connected. This is especially great for me considering I have family and friends all over the country (and sometimes world) When I say all over I mean it, my stepbrother is in the Navy and has been overseas for years, I have family in Florida, Washington state, Georgia, Michigan, North Carolina and New Jersey. Things like Facebook and Instagram allow me to keep in touch with them and updated in their daily lives even if we don't talk all the time. It is also easier for me to share information and things such as photos with them, because instead of going through the hassle of emailing them, everything is in one convenient spot.

It also can make a user feel like their part of the action, even if there isn't a huge distance between you and the person you're communicating with.

For example, this past weekend was Block Party and I had to go home to work. But because of my friends Facebook posts, Tweets and Instagram photos I got to share some of the experience with them even though I was an hour away.

I feel like the need to be connected with people will be the sole reason social media will survive in years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment